I think the reason why Shakespeare is still studied in school is because Shakespeare is a great example of an excellent dramatic poet.  His famous quotes for example ” I am not, what I am” is so famous because it has touched so many people’s lives even if they are not exactly into Shakespeare.  His writing portrays history as well like political issues, war, murder plots,  and tragedy. During the late sixteenth and seventeenth in which the British and Shakespeare did not understand human psychology his novels became more diverse and unique because of this reason. The play I am currently studying is Othello. The strategies that  I used was annotating the scenes and making  connections on some of the passages that were repetitive. However, highlighting sentences that were need to be defined in depth was also a part of my strategie. As we all know Shakespeare made up new words like about 1,700 that were new, my teacher supported my classmates and I by suggesting a website where the Elizabethan language could be translated.  I am working pretty well, I was never a big fan of Shakespeare but now because I have to do this assignment I feel like I am actually doing my best because I am interested in reading more of his plays. At first I felt a bit insecure with the language I felt like I was not going to understand this play or enjoy it. As I learned how to break it up and define what each phrase meant I was able to understand the play more and enjoy reading.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Shakespeare Reflection by Ruby is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.