Some reasons why Shakespeare is studied today is because students can relate to racism described in the book. It can help students understand different time periods and also understand love and tragedy. The tragedies in the book are about killings and betrayal. I can relate to this because nowadays in society people go through love changes and people get betrayed all the time. This connects back to racism because where I live in Oakland people get  treated wrong they also don’t get shown love and people get backstabbed all the time.  Kim F. Hall reference this in a video called “Why Shakespeare Today?” because students can relate to this today.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why Shakespeare Connects To Today’s Society by Justin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.