Why Do We Study Shakespeare?

shakespeare photoSome reasons why Shakespeare is studied in school today is because it can help students understand and experience the past and different time periods. Shakespeare tells stories about love tragedies, betrayal and honesty which many students to this day can relate to. As teenage students adapt their brains begin to develop and experience a new state of mind. My reactions were very interested and surprised because just learning about Shakespeare I agree with each speaker and their thoughts on how Shakespeare changes people’s mind and the way we see things. In our class we studied the play of “Othello” and in order to understand this play you must be able to look at words break it up and actually see what Shakespeare’s message is. I am 100% confident working with this language right now. I feel this way because after using Shakespeare’s words and deeply thinking about it writing different meanings I can now understand it more easier.

Photo by Internet Archive Book Images

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why Do We Study Shakespeare? by Gary is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.