Hello, my name is Ilda Ortega, and I chose to mirror Othello’s speech from Act III, scene iii, lines 297-307. 

From my voice rehearsal, I learned that to sound like Othello, I had to have a sad tone, and stutter because, in this Act, Othello started to behave differently, in a negative way. 

I chose to sound as if I were dying at the beginning of the recording because, at the beginning of Othello’s speech, he had realized that the love of his life was “betraying him” with another man. In reality, if one were to find out this terrible news, and accept it, one would feel as if a part of their heart has been snatched. 

The connotation in Othello’s dialogue demonstrated that he was feeling distressed, agony, and regret. 

As I was performing, I noticed that Othello’s voice symbolized what it meant to suffer and what it was to fall into a “trap,” which we know was Iago’s plan all along.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Othello trapped by Iago by Ilda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.