The play that I choose is Othello, Act 5 Scene 1 lines 12-22. The character that I played is Iago, and what I learned from the impact of the tone is that there is confidence in it. Iago was speaking to himself and was not doubting himself not even once, which is why he uses words such as restitution and ugly. Also when he said Roderigo’s name, there was a high tone to it.

When doing this audio it was challenging to get the tone that Iago had, but it was fun, and I was able to do it. Iago is one of my favorite characters. I love his tone and action, and that’s what helped me with my vocal performance.

What I understood about the character’s traits and emotions as I was doing the performance was that I knew that he was angry and confident. He planned perfectly on what he was going to do and what would be the consequences if he didn’t follow his plan.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Iago is Angry and Confident by Noor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.