Shakespeare is still being taught today because the things he spoke about in his plays still happens today. He explains these things in a very creative, yet effective way. He uses a very creative way to break down the situation he was talking about.

For example, he talks about a king named Henry who people didn’t believe in his thinking process. They tried to say that he didn’t  have what it takes to be a good leader then he starts slowly proving them wrong. This can still be used today because the moral of the story is that you shouldn’t listen to what people have to say about you. If you believe in yourself, you can do it.

I am currently studying Othello. When trying to understand it if  I don’t know a word I try to skip over it and read the rest of the sentence to see if  I understand what he is saying. I might also try to see if the word looks similar to the words we use today.

I feel comfortable reading it because I understand it for the most part. I think that Shakespeare is amazing for telling the stories he did. I think that it’s incredible for him as a human being to tell these intriguing plays  that still happen today thousands of years later.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Shakespeare’s Intriguing Plays by Ahmir is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.