File: ResearchEssay

My aim in this research was to discover the benefits of carbon fibre over other metals such as aluminum alloys in bicycle construction. I found that carbon fibre bicycle frames are more aerodynamic, lighter and stronger than those of aluminum alloy. The misconception that carbon fibre is extremely weak and fragile comes from people using the material in years past without proper knowledge of its load-bearing characteristics. Although carbon fibre is still relatively expensive, its price should drop to cost as much as  metal used in bicycle construction as long as consumer demand continues to increase at the same rate as its predicted trend.

Photo by Mission Bicycle

CC BY-SA 4.0 Carbon Fibre Composites in Bicycle Construction by Anna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.