I sought out to find how the offense in football has changed over time from football’s conception. I also wanted to know why the offense has changed so much through out the years. What I found is that the offense has changed immensely throughout time for two main reasons: rule changes within the game allowing for more flexibility within the offense (forward pass) and to out-maneuver defenses. Defenses evolved to stop these offenses so offenses had to change to outmatch the new defenses.

FinalResearchPaper

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Art of the Offense by Jack is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Eli 3 months ago

Jack, I thought your views on why offense has changed is very interesting. I also appreciated how you said that the no-huddle offense was also the reason for why passing has increased in the offense. When you said “Many types of innovative offenses like this are created and developed at the high
    school level for similar reasons,” I was very interested by your viewpoint of the fact that new offenses develop in high school, then move up up to colleges when they are successful. I appreciated your knowledge of football and offense in your paper, and wouldn’t be surprised if you became an ESPN analyst someday.

2. Dave 9 months ago

Football in general has changed over the years. Much of what you mentioned in evident in the football protective gear that has also changed.