Americans own 70-80 million dogs. So obviously, dogs are a huge part of our everyday lives. Many American households see their dog as an extension of the family. But, do our dogs reciprocate our overabundance of love? Do dogs have a human-like affection for us or are they simply conditioned to know that showing affection gives them a better chance of obtaining food? After performing this research, I have come to the conclusion that our beloved pets are much more intelligent than previously thought. Our pets get jealous, are cunning, and can even process over a hundred of our words. These complex creatures are capable of creating the complex emotion that we call love. They form an incredibly deep affection for us; their affection  has even been compared to that of an infant with their parents. Our dogs are bred to be hopelessly attached to us.

Doourdogsloveus

CC BY-SA 4.0 Do Our Dogs Love Us: Abstract by Jessica is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Natalya
    Natalya 3 months ago

This is so interesting! Plus, I have to admit it’s nice to know my furry friends do love me. I always knew my dog was smarter than I thought. Nice research paper, I am curious as to what else you find out!

2. Profile photo of Gigi
    Gigi 4 months ago

Jessica, this was very interesting and well done. I really like how you wrote this and how you got straight to the point yet it didn’t feel rushed. Good job!

3. Profile photo of Chloe
    Chloe 4 months ago

I love dogs. Well done Jessica, this is a very interesting topic. I love my dogs and we we treat them as a part of the family. I am excited to continue reading your entire research paper.

4. Profile photo of Siena
    Siena 4 months ago

I think this is such an interesting topic because so many people feel that they truly do have a deep connection and love with their dog. Psychologically analyzing dogs is an awesome topic and your abstract covers the questions many people may have about dogs and their thoughts.