Hyperthymesia is an extremely rare condition in which individuals have a superb autobiographical memory. A boy in the United Kingdom named Aurelien can recall the weather, the day of the week, and what he did for every single day of his life dating back to very early ages. Hyperthymesia can affect some people in poor ways because they have trouble forgetting terrible things that people did or said to them. Individuals with hyperthymesia score no better on testing or desktop games than the average individual. The kind of memory involved in hyperthymesia is connected to the amygdala and uses episodic long term memory. Some people have more subconscious hyperthymesia, while others have more of an obsessive cataloging of memories. Whether or not hyperthymesia is advantageous depends on the personality and thought processes of the individual.

ResearchPaper

CC BY-SA 4.0 Would you want to have hyperthymesia? by Siena is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.