Abstract
This research project focuses on the unfair bias present in the United States concerning immigrants and immigration. The purpose of this research is to uncover the bias in immigration policies and reveal why there is a bias. This paper shows the undeniable bias in immigration policies dating back to the first immigration act in the United States. It has continued with this pattern with only a marginal difference. One reason people have a bias towards immigrants is the misconception that immigrants increase crime rates across the United States, which is found false. Also, the scope of justice and its role in discrimination shows that if you have a restricted perception of justice, typically, you will legitimise injustice. Along with other studies, this research paper dispels any logical reasoning for an unfair bias in immigration and advocates for a change.
(Link: )

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Bias in Immigration Policies by Sarah is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Grace 5 months ago

Sarah,

This sounds like a very interesting paper. Dispelling the idea that immigration increases crime rates right off the bat is very effective, because I think that is the strongest argument against immigration. Also, most papers discussing this would likely not do anything more than discuss why it’s unfair, but it sounds like you also advocate for an alternative which I think is a great idea.