This paper focuses on the role of prostitution in society; looking into the reasons people choose this profession, the abuses that are rampant throughout, and the legality of this line of work. This paper also explores the various possibilities to make the practice of prostitution more regulated, safe, individual driven and beneficial to not only the prostitutes and the clients, but society at large. This paper delves into many scientific and societal studies that explore the effects of legal and illegal prostitution on biological health, rate of maltreatment, criminal expense, and sex trafficking.  Cumulatively the studies showed that legal prostitution may lead to lower rates of sexualy trasmitted disease and infections, smaller rates of abuse and more options to bring perpetrators to justice, more funds to devote to sex trafficking and a greater ability of prostitutes to make a living wage and acquire other jobs.

Photo by archer10 (Dennis) 92M Views

CC BY-SA 4.0 Prostitution by Katelyn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.