ResearchProject

Abstract:

This research focuses on brand addiction. With the use of my research, I attempt to answer why people are addicted to brands. After attempting to answer what brand addiction is, my research focuses on one specific brand, and why the resale value of the brand is so high. While brand addiction is an attempt of feeling self-worth, the uniqueness of the brand Supreme and the idea of low supply with high demand. Makes the resale market explode with almost every item being overpriced.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Brand Addiction by Ben is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Kathleen 9 months ago

Very cool topic Ben! It’s very modern and such a relatable topic for the youth in our society. I really enjoyed watching you create this piece, very good read.

2. Foster 9 months ago

I think this is a very interesting topic. Brand addiction is something that seems so subtle to many people. What i think is interesting is the amount of thought that goes into the ads to addict people to their product.

3. Dave 9 months ago

Owning the product of a popular brand can make one feel cool and at the top. Look a iphones for one.

4. Jack 9 months ago

This post truly is SUPREME! This is such an interesting topic and I have always wondered the same things. For example, I wanted to buy a Flip video camera back in the day but it was $50 more than the Kodak version which offered the exact same features. It’s weird. It’s like your paying the extra $50 for the name brand version. I am going to have to read to paper to find out why!

5. Jessica 9 months ago

This is a very interesting topic! It applies to a lot of us, because we are constantly being advertised to. I also like how you used a very specific brand to use as an example. I really liked the paper! Great job!

6. Alea 9 months ago

This is so relevant nowadays with how popular brands like supreme are. I think it’s so interesting that people have the desire to have all the limited edition stuff even if it’s not quality. Sounds like a great essay!

7. Victoria 9 months ago

Very cool! I think it is interesting how you connect economic patterns to human psychology through this unique topic. For the future I also think it would be interesting to see the nature of brand addiction in the United States versus other countries and how those patterns are related to consumeristic cultures.

8. Addie 9 months ago

I know I personally have experienced brand addiction especially with my phone because I refuse to get anything other than apple. I think this topic is interesting because it is something we have all experienced whether we are aware of it or not.

9. Giselle 9 months ago

The topic you chose is very interesting, and something I never thought. However it’s apparent through your research that in today’s society the brand we wear can affect our self worth, and our economy. Great job !

10. Danielle 9 months ago

Ben, I think your topic sounds very interesting. I would love to know more about the economic side of the brands. I also like how relatable this topic is in daily life.

11. Katie 9 months ago

Ben,
    I think the topic you have chosen is very relatable. I am also interested in the reason behind our “brand addiction”.

12. Robin 9 months ago

Hey Ben!
    I really like that you’ve chosen this topic since it is so applicable to many modern situations. Adding onto Mary’s question, what makes a brand addictive? What makes Tiffany’s different from Kay Jewelers?

13. Seiji 9 months ago

This is a really cool topic to do a research paper on. It was fun watching you develop it during days if hard work in class. I knew that people were abscessed with brands but I never knew why; this essay helped answer this question. Great writing, keep on doing great things.

14. Trevor 9 months ago

Very cool to see your project develop and the finished piece. I think you did this topic justice. It is a crazy phenomenon that people can be so mental about a logo. I’m happy to see someone else that recognizes brand addiction is real. I think for now I will stick with my wranglers and carhartt. By the way, did you see that sick new supreme drop?

15. Mary 9 months ago

This is a really cool topic! I’m interested to know whether brand addiction is similar to the way people get addicted to other every day commodities. Do the advertisers actively try to get people addicted to their brands? How far does/should advertising go?