,

Within my Photography class, we are learning about using depth of field so that we can use it for portrait photography. We had an assignment to create a story using toys and depth of field. I ended up using the brightly colored dinosaur toys as seen in the pictures above.

The story I was trying to tell was that this was their first time seeing a computer, so they were just playing around with it. Within the photos, I believe that the depth of field is decent as in some of the photos the background is blurry, but it could have been better.

One of the reasons that I am a little unhappy with these photos is that I ended up using my phone’s camera rather than my nice camera because the ones from my nice camera were all blurry, and I was getting frustrated. That is also probably why the depth of field isn’t very sharp, being that the camera wasn’t the best one.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Toy Story by Sara is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.