Ghost

Moving was the thing I hated most in the world. It’s such a miserable experience having to learn to adjust to a whole new environment especially meeting new people don’t get me started. I think my family had mixed feelings about this though. My youngest sister who was only five was thrilled to move but that’s probably because she had no clue what it actually meant. Being the oldest of 3 was challenging but it was nice to be able to look after others it made me feel more responsible and independent.

My parents had their ups and downs but they loved each other deeply. This move happened because my dad was transferred to another office that was nine hours away from where our old home was. I guess my mom thought the experience would be good. I don’t know why but I seemed to get a strange feeling from our new house it wasn’t good or bad. The realtor seemed very concerned when we decided to buy the house always questioning us “are you sure you want this house, I can always show you more there’s a lovely subdivision a mile north of here.” These signs did not once alarm my parents, but maybe there wasn’t anything to be concerned about after all.

I ran up to my room hoping there’d be something I could get out of all of this. It was ok at a glance a bit cold nothing a space heater couldn’t fix. A few crack in the ceiling as if something was trying to get through. The walls were an off gray color which I didn’t mind too much. There was this oddly small window the looked over our yard and just past it a dark forest.

For an introduction does this have adequate detail? Does it create an image in the readers head?

CC BY-SA 4.0 short story ghost introduction description by Celene is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.