This is my Grandma, except we call her Yiayia because she is Greek. She is an immigrant from Greece and has overcome many things in her life. She came over for Sunday dinner and I asked her if I could take her portrait and this is the photo that I took. I particularly like this photo because it shows the lines and depth within her face. Each of these lines shows all of the hardships and obstacles she has over come. After immigrating to the US and losing a child and her husband, along with beating cancer 3 times, she has endured a lot and this portrait shows that. I took this photo at around 6:00 in the evening and had a very shallow depth of field. The light was perfect because it was golden hour and the shallow depth of field really brought her out from her background.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Portrait by Sofia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Anna 9 months ago

wow great work nice picture