In today’s world with all of the racisim and sexism going on, you don’t know who to trust. You don’t know what people are thinking of you under their fake smiles, but you have no choice to smile back… Even if you don’t want to, you do. I hate it!!! I know not everyone is racist, but with the president we have today a lot of people are! The safety pins that people are starting to wear makes me feel more comfortable! I can feel safe around a person wearing a safety pin. The safety pin helps defines a person a bit. You know they’re not racist or a sexist, and they have no problem with any race or religion. It would be a blessing for everyone to wear safety pins and get along no matter what race or religion! The World would be a better and more safe place. Wearing safety pins to show that a person can feel safe safe around you was a very good idea!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Safety Pins makes me feel more comfortable by Shaniah is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Vicky
    Vicky 1 month ago

I am not familiar with this movement or statement, I have never heard of it before but, it was interesting to read. It seems like people are putting tis into practice and they are speaking up for themselves in a very interesting way.

2. Profile photo of Gigi
    Gigi 2 months ago

I didn’t hear about this movement until reading your post and I think that it’s a great idea if put into practice, and it definitely seems like people are putting this into practice. I’ve never noticed a pin on anyone, but I will definitely keep my eye out for them now! This is very interesting, good job!

3. Profile photo of Kathleen
    Kathleen 2 months ago

Very interesting post!! I have seen a few people wear safety pins and I think it is an incredible idea; its crazy to think a piece of metal can actually make someone feel more comfortable around another person. It definitley defines a person a bit

4. Profile photo of Tom
    Tom 2 months ago

This is a great post and I have never actually thought about it this way but the more I do it makes sense and it does show solidarity without bein g to much out there. Great post.

5. Profile photo of Giselle
    Giselle 2 months ago

I did not know about this movement or statement that people are using to express their tolerance, but I am happy to see that this is happening during a time of so much intolerance. However I think that things like this should be expanded into programs or classes that would teach people how to listen and how to be more open. I think that this would make a greater impact in our society.

6. Profile photo of Abi
    Abi 2 months ago

I often see people waring safety pins around especially right after the election and I think that they are a brilliant idea. They allow anyone but especially a younger audience know that they have someone that they can trust and confide in.

7. Profile photo of Natalya
    Natalya 2 months ago

This very true! I know a few people that wear safety pins on their shirts to denote that they are safe/ accepting people. I think it’s a very interesting and nicely subtle movement. It is an easy way to show solidarity without arousing to much notice. However, I did hear something a while back about how some nationalist/ hate groups had started wearing safety pins as well so that may be something to look into!

Thanks for your work
    Natalya