The open eye can see a lot

each tear that drops

of those forgot,

The memories that somehow faded away

even some that are here to stay

The open eye can hear alot

each silent cry

that speaks so loud

each person that whines ” why am i alive?”

wondering if they will survive

The open eye can say a lot

scream , shout and yell i’m here

They don’t even gotta talk just show them you care

That the world still got some things  that’s fair

yea, I know its hard and yea you fighting strong just never forget i’m always near

So if you can

Open your eyes

The world kinda needs you

CC BY-SA 4.0 The open eye by Ajonea is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Elena 3 weeks ago

Ajonea, I really liked this poem. I feel that you writing about the open eye goes deeper into what the eye can really do. When you say “…The open eye can hear a lot…” This really touched me because when I see certain things happening its almost like I can hear it happening, especially if it is a common action, like a car door shutting or a cats meow. I found this article and I think you will like it because it talks about the common saying “your eyes are the window to your soul” and you went into deeper meaning about the eye in your poem. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/talking-apes/201512/your-eyes-really-are-the-window-your-soul. I would love to read more of your poems!

2. Natalya 2 years ago

I liked this poem a lot. I appreciate that you sort of had the theme of “the eyes are the windows to the soul” but never blatantly said it. You also kind of reversed it where the eye is looking out and seeing things that others can’t. Similar to what Em said, I love the range of emotion you put into this.

3. Em 2 years ago

I really like how deep this poem goes. It really spoke to me and i can really connect to it. They rhyming is great too! Its both sad and uplifting. I really enjoyed it 🙂

4. Beatrice 2 years ago

I love how you use the perspective of the eye.i also like that you talk about thinks people see that the other perso most likely won’t want them to see.