I feel as though the safety pin project, is a gradual attempt to make minorities feel accepted in this county. Which for sure isn’t the case. I feel as though it’s a poor attempt to ease the minds of people who’re too scared to actually admit to someone who’s Muslim, Mexican, or any other nationality or religion  that they truly accept them. A safety pin may hold things together, but that is not the way to fix our crumpling nation. The issue at hand is much larger than using a tool used in times of desperation or need of connection to fix the racial issues in the country that we all live in. Actually letting people like your neighbors know, “we are neighbors. I’m grateful to have you in our community” is a greater attempt. If we truly want to change the direction of our country, it needs to start with something greater.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Saftey Pin Project by Malissa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.