Hunter Travis English 12 Mathews 2nd hour 03/19/17

So after reading the two articles, “The Incredible Reason You Might Start Seeing Safety Pins Everywhere” and “Dear White People, Your Safety Pins Are Embarrassing”, you could say I’m shocked but a little confused. So “white people” are wearing pins around to show that they are an ally to those being “attacked” by trump, along with his supporters. So apparently all the “white people” are targeting blacks, hispanics, and other races, this being based off of a theory that if we voted for trump, we are against all other races.

How can one direct this towards a race as a whole when some have never even heard of this movement before. By directing this toward people of white color is kind of offensive. The author is calling out all white people saying that this is a stupid way of showing we are allies to other races. If this article were to be changed and directed toward the african american society, it would be labeled as racist and be discriminated against by every person of that race. There would be headlines all over the news, with a protest and a march to follow.

This author could have definitely chosen his use of vocabulary better. Along with looking at the bigger picture and not direct this towards a race as a whole, and look at people with opposing opinions or something of that nature.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Safety Pin Campaign Debate by Hunter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.