I think people wearing the safety pins are doing great things. They’re showing that minorities that feel scared or uneasy since Trump got elected to be president, that they’re not alone. One article that I read (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dear-white-people-your-safety-pins-are-embarassing_us_58278b9de4b02b1f5257a36a) said that white people shouldn’t wear safety pins because we’re the reason that Trump is in the Oval Office right now. I don’t think that it’s right to blame a whole race for a president being in office. Or saying that white people can’t wear safety pins. News Flash, not everyone in the white race voted for Trump. Most white voters did, okay, but not everybody voted or didn’t vote for him. So saying that NO white person can wear a safety is a little bit extreme. Maybe we should start supporting each other instead of bringing us down. Especially since Trump became president, we need to support each other more than ever.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Safety Pins by Tiffany is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Christy 4 months ago

I definitely agree that a whole race shouldn’t be blamed for trump. I don’t think the movement will do much but hopefully if there are more people that agree with you, things will change for the better.

2. Nickolas 5 months ago

I had different views on this topic but hearing your opinion on it made me appreciate both of them.

3. Megan 5 months ago

This is exactly how I felt about the article as well. It’s very stereotypical.