Feminism is defined as “the advocacy of women’s rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes”. Although this may be true, feminism in America today has become something completely different.  Feminism used to be a movement of woman who fought for gender equality, but now the feminist group is fighting for women’s rights and completely disregarding the rights of Men. In fact, some feminist are going as far as labeling all men as misogynistic pigs. Even though Women and Men are pretty much equal, feminist still argue that there is a roughly 78 cents wage gap, which is completely false. Statistically, Men are more likely to ask for raises or more likely to take risks that ends up earning them a promotion. Women on the other hand are statistically more likely to take days off for maternity leave, or just take days off in general, which would earn them less. I also find it odd that on a “Day without women”, feminist and some women abandoned their jobs for the day, which would, in turn, earn them less of a day’s salary, which would only fan the flame to the mythical wage gap. http://www.npr.org/2011/02/14/133599768/ask-for-a-raise-most-women-hesitate Modern Feminist are notorious for making false claims, including the idea that we live in a rape culture, the idea that women are oppressed, and the wage gap. The idea that we live in a rape culture is ridiculous because rape culture is defined as “a society or environment whose prevailing social attitudes have the effect of normalizing or trivializing sexual assault and abuse.” and in America, rape is looked down upon and you will get arrested for committing acts of rape, so America doesn’t have prevailing social attitudes of normalizing or trivializing sexual assault. Oppression is defined as to “keep (someone) in subservience and hardship, especially by the unjust exercise of authority.” Women are certainly not oppressed in America, as Women have equal rights to Men, and not to mention, we almost had a Woman for president. Because of the obnoxious feminist who actively speak out and get themselves on the news, feminist supporters tend to have a bad outlook on the white male because feminist tend to speak bad about them. In fact, Men have a lot of disadvantages as opposed to women

https://www.quora.com/What-are-disadvantages-of-being-male-as-opposed-to-female this website gives some examples of Men disadvanteges. Most feminist start to call anyone who does not share their beliefs or disproves them a sexist, or something along those lines. Some feminist argue that video games objectify women and appeal to the male fantasy(even though some video games show male character with no shirt), which is partly true because the majority of gamers are male, and the gaming industry will try to get gamers to buy their product by objectifying women. Some feminist even say that killing a female player in an online game should be considered rape, and some games such as football are promoting rape, which is simply untrue. Although, the feminist in the middle eastern countries are fighting real oppression, so we should give respect to them. Hopefully you all can learn the truth behind modern feminism in America and become a little more educated.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My thoughts on Feminism by Caleb is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Amanpreet 3 days ago

Dear Caleb,
    I am interested in your post because it states that Feminism is changing a lot over the years. One thing you said that stands out to be is “feminist group is fighting for women’s rights and completely disregarding the rights of Men” I found this to be interesting because women aren’t really disregarding men at all. For example, Adichie shares a quote about how boys are also going through a tough time like women are. They are told to be emotionless and snot to share their feelings. Thank you for sharing your post. I look forward to what you are gonna write next. I really enjoyed how you shared both sides of your topic.
    Regards,
    Amanpreet Dhillon

2. Aiden 3 days ago

Dear Caleb,
    I am satisfied with your post because you really let the mic drop. You changed how I see feminism. I agree with everything you had to say. One thing you said that stands out for me is, “Some feminists even say that killing a female player in an online game should be considered rape…” I think this is interesting because I don’t know how it’s remotely possible to accuse a death as “rape” it doesn’t mean anything if a male dies. Thanks for sharing your post. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you really dropped the mic.
    Regards,
    Aiden

3. Joe 3 days ago

Dear, Caleb

I thought your post on feminism was very interesting because I think I would probably agree with almost everything you said. I like how you said ” I also find it odd that on a “Day without women”, feminist and some women abandoned their jobs for the day, which would, in turn, earn them less of a day’s salary, which would only fan the flame to the mythical wage gap. ” I liked this because it shows the fact that women get paid just as much as men and no one says or thinks when they hire someone ” I have to make sure to remember to add 68 cents to your salary before I hire this women. Thanks for sharing your post. I look forward to seeing what you write next because it disproves a lot about what crazy feminist and society claim with the equality of the sexes.

regards,
    Joe

4. Jessica 3 days ago

Dear Caleb,
    I am intrigued by your article, “My Thoughts on Feminism” because your points and opinions are mainly based on hate towards feminists. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions and are not obligated to accept other’s opinions but to me, the ideas you say in your article appear to attack all else. One thing that stands out to me is: “Women are certainly not oppressed in America, as women have equal rights to men…”. I think that is interesting because you have a very biased point of view. I disagree because being in the shoes of a woman, there is a clear separation of genders. I can agree that there are multiple women who are extremists, but hating on all feminists do not make you a better person.

5. Laura 4 days ago

Dear Caleb,

I am intrigued by your post because you mentioned that some feminists take things too far. It’s true that some women do take it to extremes but I would have to say that if it’s something they are passionate about why wouldn’t they go to great lengths. Feminists are women that are tired of being compared and involved with men, they don’t want to be anymore than equal with men. One thing you said that stands out for me is: “Modern feminists are notorious for making false claims, including the idea that we live in a rape culture..” because although we don’t live in a rape culture, some women may describe it to be that way because they are traumatized by it or the idea of it. For a woman the idea of being raped sticks with them and it is hard to avoid. Thanks for sharing your post, I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I would like to see if your view on feminists is the same in the future. I hope you can understand feminists are not trying to disregard any gender but to make them both equal.

6. Huong 4 days ago

Dear Caleb,
    I am intrigues by your post because many topics regarding feminism is completely false. I appreciate that you are disagreeing with the values of the movement but you are basing your argument on facts that are not applicable to the masses. One thing you said that stands out for me is: “Women on the other hand are statistically more likely to take days off for maternity leave, or just take days off in general, which would earn them less. I also find it odd that on a “Day without women”, feminist and some women abandoned their jobs for the day, which would, in turn, earn them less of a day’s salary, which would only fan the flame to the mythical wage gap.” I think that this is a bit sexist because the wage gap should not be reliable on maternity leave since pregnancy is inevitable and women cannot work when pregnant, therefore, they deserve the same pay as men. Thanks for sharing your post. I look forwards to seeing what you write next, because I would like you to use accurate and logical evidence to back up future arguments.
    Regards,
    Huong

7. Sydney 4 days ago

Dear Caleb,

I am intrigued with your post because your thoughts about feminism is honest and I can really relate with your opinion. One thing that stands out for me is: ” Feminist supporters tend to have a bad outlook on the white male because feminist tend to speak bad about them.” I think this is sad because having an opinion as a female men can see that bitchy. Many people can misconceived the word feminism and negatively conclude that feminism is just a way women can take their anger out, which it not true.

Regard, Sydney

8. Baby Lulu 4 days ago

I was interested in your post because I would like to learn more about feminism. I want to see others point of view and see what their opinion. One thing that stands out to me is ” Female supporters tend to have a bad outlook on the white male because feminist tend to speak bad about them. In fact, men have a lot of disadvantages as opposed to women.” I think this is interesting because some of the feminist are men, so I don’t understand why they would speak down on them.

9. Taylor 4 days ago

Dear Caleb, I am dissapointed with your essay because no women categorizes any man in “rape culture”, men sure could ask for a raise but we all know that’s not how it goes. Feminist today still are trying to make a positive impact on the world but I have never heard about categorizing men in rape culture.

10. Nealani 4 days ago

Dear Caleb,

I am annoyed by your post because you open up by saying Feminist and feminism as a whole have changed. The angry people who think all men are scum aren’t feminist, they may give themselves the title but they don’t follow the definition and seek equality but female superiority. One thing you said that stood out to me is the section about rape culture. Though it doesn’t completely fit the definition, I think the claim people are trying to make is yes rape is looked down upon but we live in a society that tells women if you don’t want to get raped then cover up, which is disgusting. Why teach our girls to cover up instead of teaching our boys not to rape?

11. Malachi 4 days ago

Dear Caleb,
    I am interested in your work because how long and thought out this essay is. I am interested because in this essay you’re thoughts are put into it.
    On thing you said that stands out for me is “Women on the other hand are statistically more likely to take days off for maternity leave, or just take days off in general, which would earn them less” I think this is interesting because this is a true statement. Women shouldn’t have to work as much as men. Thanks for sharing your post.
    Regards,
    Malachi Sanchez

12. Jiovanni 4 days ago

Dear Caleb,

I am suprised with your article because you talk about how men & women are “pretty much equal”. I respectfully disagree with you. Try putting yourself in a women’s shoes and see how it goes from there. Genetically, we are not the same. Everyone is different with their own problems. One thing you said that stuck out to me was when you said “women are statistically more likely to take days off for maternity leave”. It is really not an excuse, women have to take care of their own lives before going to work as well. I think it is important to think about ourselves because men would not understand the pain a women goes through while giving birth. I do not look forward to seeing what you got next but i know you can improve. Use more of your sociological imagination when you write about another person or gender.

Regards,

Jiovanni Valdez

13. Dometrius Porter 4 days ago

Dear Caleb,

I am interested in your post because its different than most of the feminism posts I’ve read. Your post almost sounds like its against feminism. One thing you said that stands out for me is “Even though women and men are pretty much equal, feminist still argue that there is a roughly 78 cents wage gap, which is completely false.” I think this is interesting because when you hear about feminism you normally hear about the wage gap between the two genders. Thanks for sharing your post. I look forward to seeing what you post in the future, because your post is so far my favourite post about feminism. Im not saying that I agree with your post but it is still pretty good and I liked it.

Regards,
    Dometrius Porter

14. Jennifer 4 days ago

Dear Caleb,
    I am interested in your post because feminism truly lost its meaning throughout the years and has been given a whole different aspect.
    One thing you said that stands out for me is: “Feminism used to be a movement of women who fought for gender equality, but now the feminist group is fighting for women’s rights and completely disregarding the rights of men” because this is completely right women take advantage of this and consider it a way/excuse for anything.
    Thank you for your post. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your view on modern feminism is very agreeable.
    Regards,
    Jennifer Lopez

15. Kaitlyn 4 days ago

Dear Caleb,
    Your post only looks at one certain type of feminists. I can see where you are coming from if this is all you have been shown from others and in the media, you are only being provided with one side of the story making your accusations false. A statement made by yourself, “Women have equal rights to men.” ; is not true because like you said earlier there is a wage gap and feminists would not be created if that statement were true. Although some feminists are extreme and angry and may go out on rages to try and prove their point, not every feminist has the same approach.

16. Zulema 4 days ago

Dear Caleb,
    I agree with your article due to the fact the motive of the movement for being a feminist has changed, ignorant woman want to create respect with disrespecting gender and the purposeful meaning of feminism. There are women who are humiliating the pride of other women, in which who actually want to make a difference. “Because of the obnoxious feminist who actively speak out.” It’s always the ones who are uneducated who try to talk down on the topic.

17. Mercy 4 days ago

Dear Caleb,
    I am intrigued by your opinion on modern feminism. Although there have been feminists that have said or gone to the extreme in their actions, I don’t think you can draw a general definition of feminism. You have a negative connotation based on the negative views you have seen on feminism.
    One thing you said that caught my attention was: “… but now the feminist group for women’s rights are completely disregarding the rights of men.” I do not believe that this is the case. Feminism is a complex topic. I believe that in this sense and in this modern time, women want society to stop sending messages (through magazines and media, etc.) that tell women to be less ambitious than men and focus on physical appearance while men are encouraged to compete for careers and jobs.

18. Jadakiss 4 days ago

Dear caleb ,
    i disagree with your article because it is completely bias to the side of men .One thing that stood out tome is when you said that ” roughly 78 cents wage gap and taking days off for maternity leave . it is not the fact of how big the gap is it is the fact that us women get paid less regardless if it was 78 cents or $ 3.00 .just because women have different genitals we shouldnt be treated less than a male .The thing about maternity leave is ignorant ,Women are oppressed by men regardless if we almost had a women president that is not the big picture what about all of the shaming that women face on a daily for how they look and like you said you had said the wage gap thre are many other ways women are oppressed by the opposite gender

19. RIcky 4 days ago

Dear Caleb, I am extremely disappointed with your article for a variety of reasons, First of all that grammar isn’t the best, Next, you deny a problem that you see everyday but still refuse to acknowledge it.You are looking at feminism in one dimension, you don’t even bother to bring up things like sex trafficking and prostitution. Justifying every struggle women go through isn’t going to solve them. Acting blind will only let the problem grow.

20. Justin 4 days ago

Dear Caleb,
    I am intrigued by your statement on “women are not oppressed in America,” because men and women are not equal. Things have gotten better like you said “we almost had a women president,” but most of the people voted opposed thought that a women cannot run a country. We also deal with women getting paid less compared to men. Let’s look at the NBA and the WNBA, the NBA players make millions more and the WNBA makes thousands of dollars yearly.

21. atesillo 6 months ago

Dear Caleb,
    I can totally relate to this issue with a game called overwatch. Most of the female had a slim body type which didn’t really didn’t stand out at first. Later on someone made a complaint that this wasn’t a good sign for all woman. So billzared (the creators) decided to make a new charcter that feature a body builder type of person. This is my opinion and i believe that when a person kills a female character in a game, that is not rape. I think it’s just the way they “exagerate” about the game or maybe I’m just now seeing the bigger picture. Please respond to me when you can.
    Aydan Tesillo

22. Kesheira 7 months ago

Dear Caleb,

Women are oppressed in America. I agree with that Feminism has changed but I must say that I disagree with you on the fact you said that women are not oppressed in America, men and women are not equal.

Men gets paid more than women. Women don’t just take days off for no reason, we get our periods which is unbearable. Some men believes that women are useless in the world and that they should be kept as “ housewives;” that’s why women have a day where they don’t have to go to work, to show that women are as important as men. And yeah we ALMOST had a madam president, but we didn’t.

You heard how Trump describe women and how he talks about women. And yeah, I know that the women in video games are supposed to be fighters but damn , at least give her proper clothes, I play video games almost every day and I see that they barely have clothes, my little brother believed that is how women are suppose to dress. That’s how women are objectified.

A woman get judged based on how she looks and how she dresses. She can wear a short shirt and guys expect her to sleep with them. She’s a women not a stripper, give her warrior clothes, she can wear short clothes but she doesn’t need to show off all of her breast and butt.

Women are raped in America, men too but mostly women. Women go to college or work and they are most likely to get sexually harassed. Maybe if you were a women, you would probably understand why women always feel a certain way.

Women are mostly objectified more than men in the media. Feminism should be about the rights of women and to show that we are important. For example, one time at a carnival, a bunch of women were raped and the men excuse was that “They looked like they wanted it” and that’s how women are treated.

23. PittPattPett 8 months ago

People debate over whether or not feminism still has a place in society now that women have all the rights in voting, working, and property management that men have. Honestly, not really. Feminism was a political movement, that worked on such a large scale to eliminate problems in the laws that could be easily seen and addressed. The reality is that feminism is directly advocating, modern day, against the social treatment of women. This is an issue that isn’t as easily taken against, as there is no coherent way to determine what the social treatment of anybody is connected to.
    Fixing the way women are treated cannot involve changing the movie industry, video game industry, or our president. This is an issue that has to be addressed on more individual levels. This is because there are so few people today that actually treat women different, and this is more often than not attributed to how they were raised and who they interacted with in life. Changing social treatment has to happen with real people, not movements. If you are a girl, try to take more charge at school or in work to SHOW how independent and worthy of good treatment you are. If you are a boy, be more inclusive of girls in your activities and considerations. ultimately, it boils down to how change happens at smaller levels.

24. Jamik 8 months ago

I didn’t know that there were feminists who thought this way, very surprising. Some of the accusations that they’ve stated is ridiculous of course but I’m sure that there are a lot of feminists who don’t whole heartily agree with some of these statements that’ve been made by some. A question that I’ve been wondering is, should women still be feminists if they now have equal rights to men? If yes or no, then why?