My Opinions About the Safety Pins

“The Incredible Reason You Might Start Seeing Everywhere” is a really positive article in such a difficult time. I think it is a great idea for ANYONE to be able to wear these pins, no matter if your woman, black, Muslim, or even a WHITE man. After reading about these pins, it seems like they symbolize that you support other minorities and that you are not alone in this more than anything, even if the president is against you. This is such a powerful idea. But in the article “Dear White People, Your Safety Pins Are Embarrassing” it basically said that white people shouldn’t be allowed to take a stand with minorities because it is all the white people fault that the nation is like this. EVERY white persons fault at that. Which is really a dumb idea, because the whole idea of only certain races wearing a pin relates to the Jews and Hitler. Also, not every white person wanted trump to be the president. This article actually made me more upset to stereotype every white person to be a Trump supporter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dear-white-people-your-safety-pins-are-embarassing_us_58278b9de4b02b1f5257a36a

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/safety-pin-trump-brexit_us_58251b53e4b0c4b63b0c11a9

Photo by Public Domain Photos

Photo by Damian Gadal

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Opinions About the Safety Pins by Megan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy 4 weeks ago

I read the Huffington Post article. I think the author has a point. Looking at voters overall, it was white people who elected Donald Trump. Now everyone can wear a safety pin, but if you look at the way many people generalize minorities into stereotypes, its fair that we get put into one group. Also, many white people voted for Donald Trump, thats a fact. So instead of marking ourselves with a pin, we should actually make a difference next time and not elect Trump or someone like him.

2. Profile photo of Malissa
    Malissa 1 month ago

I agree about every white person being stereotyped as a trump supporter being something to disagree with, I foiund it stereotypical too.

3. Profile photo of Josh
    Josh 1 month ago

I agree with you that its dumb to tell white people not to wear the safety pin. I think people should support minorities and bring this issues to attention.

4. Profile photo of Kennedy
    Kennedy 1 month ago

In my opinion, everyone should come together and stick with the “safety pin method” everyone. Not just one race. Everyone should be able to come together for what’s right instead of trying to single people out if there’s more people, there’s more power.