Breaking through silence

In Lordes essay “The Transformation of Silence into Language” she talks about her life. Audre thought she had cancer and she was scared so she fell into a silent moment. Until she found out she was cancer free, that’s when she started speaking out. We are guilty if we stand silently by while others are subject to injustice because for example if we know  African americans males are being targeted by police we should stand up for them. We can’t just stand in silence while we watch white police shot and kill innocent black males for no reason. “ My silences had not protected me. Your silence will not protect you”. That quote made me think about the LGBTQ community and how most of them sit in silence because  they are afraid of what society will think of them. They fear society will push them out, judge them and see LGBTQ’s as different. The people in LGBTQ think being silence will protect them but in reality being silent will only hurt you inside. So those are two reasons why we are complicit for standing silently while others are subject to injustice. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 Breaking through silence by Briauna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.