“Silent”

Silence. Silence is what you hear.

You hear yelling in a close distance, confusion.

The yelling, mix with anger and poison.

Curious, you decided to check out the yelling in the close distance.

But, are you sure you want to check it out? Do you have a choice to check it out, or do you mind your own business?

Do you have have control over your body for you to make these decisions?

Can you even communicate, can you even make a choice right now?

You decided you didn’t know.

Is it really you that is saying these things, controlling yourself?

Or is it someone else controlling you? Controlling your thinking, your movement, your actions, your decisions, everything you do.

Everything you say, everything you do, here in this poem, you’re not in control. Someone else is.

Would it be easier for you to stay silent and let someone control you, or would it be easier for you to talk, just you, and not let others do it for you

As we all stay silent and let others control us, there are some who broke that silence.

Are you one of them?

“I am in control. Not you.”

Thank you for using your words. You are now in control. 🙂

CC BY-SA 4.0 A poem about speaking out in a moment when it would have been easier to be silent. by Grace is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.