Poem in the style of Giovani

that time the rays and my eyes made eye contact

they hit my skin too  

the water slowly evaporated

my skin dried and moistened simultaneously

it was glowing brightly

i was glowing

the light was being reflected off of me

and coming from me

source of power and life

i was the sun

CC BY-SA 4.0 Date with the Sun by Ariel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Autumn
    Autumn 3 months ago

Hi Ariel! I loved your poem the words were very easy to picture and I love this cover photo it goes along perfectly with your poem.

2. Profile photo of Vicky
    Vicky 4 months ago

This is a very great poem. It is very insightful and welcoming in a way. I liked it. 🙂

3. Profile photo of Andre
    Andre 4 months ago

Ariel,
    That poem was great it was so happy and it put a smile on my face after reading it.

4. Profile photo of Kayla
    Kayla 4 months ago

Your poem reminds me of the same exact feeling that you had. It feels like your becoming the sun from the sense of nature to being a human being. This was very lovely, I love your poem.

5. Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan 4 months ago

Hey Ariel,
    This is a very happy poem. When I finished i had a smile on my face. Your line ” I was the sun” is very powerful. Kind of says ” it all revolves around me.” Great work!

6. Profile photo of Alli
    Alli 4 months ago

Hi Ariel,

I loved your poem! It had great imagery and made me happy.

7. Profile photo of Kendall
    Kendall 5 months ago

Ariel,

What a nice poem! I enjoyed imagining the sun shining brightly and more brightly as I read this. Was there a specific experience that inspired you to write about this?

8. Profile photo of Kenzie
    Kenzie 5 months ago

very beautiful!! 🙂