Recently however the marijuana law law it’s heading in the opposite direction and has been for some years. Since the 1990s, 20 stage, including the District of Columbia, I have approved medical marijuana laws. One doctor in Oregon – an 80-year-old retired heart surgeon – approved 4180 medical marijuana applications over the span of 12 months. By the end of 2012, only 4% of Oregon’s medical marijuana patients suffered from cancer. Only one percent were diagnosed with HIV/AIDS. The large majority of these medical marijuana patients, 57%, complained of unspecified pain as the reason for which treatment was pursued. Yet out of the nine doctors who prescribed medical marijuana applications in Oregon, none of them were pain specialists.

O’Reilly, Jane. “Raising Children in a Difficult Time.” Literature Resource Center, Gale, 2017. Literature Resource Center, Accessed 3 Mar. 2017. Originally published in The New York Times Book Review, 14 Apr. 1974, p. 3.

“Peter Maguire.” Contemporary Authors Online, Gale, 2014. Literature Resource Center, Accessed 6 Mar. 2017.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Marijuana Gale Researcher by Cy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.