What i observed in this image was a message basically telling drivers to text and drive. The message says that because if you text and drive then you’ll end up being in a car accident and die, the message is also from a funeral home, if more people die then they will end up buying a casket for the person in a funeral home. I think they are motivating people to die while they drive.  My position about this would be to disagree because i don’t want people to die. The image of the billboard is my evidence. I am honestly surprised on how fast my opinions form and how fast i just automatically make claims about something.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Argument is everywhere – billboards by Juray is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Nina 2 months ago

Hello Juray. I too would find this billboard upsetting if they truly wanted someone to die, but it’s actually an irony presented by a fake funeral home. Their intentions aren’t to encourage people to text and drive, they are hoping to discourage people from doing something dangerous on the road. I believe it’s good that people see this while driving by because that means they’re not texting, and it should make people extra upset that people die from this simple act. Would more billboards help decrease texting and driving or will it only provoke emotions from the public? I think it’s good to make claims and have opinions, but I also think it’s important to research into detail before making an assertion. Here is a link that explains the intent of the billboard: http://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/darkly-clever-billboard-funeral-home-toronto-leaves-motorists-aghast-171404/.

2. Jo 7 months ago

I appreciate this analysis of the billboard. I’m not sure if the intent of the funeral home was to actually “motivate people to die while they drive” but more so implying that if you text and drive, you will likely end up in a funeral home. I definitely see how it can be read the other way as well though. Keep publishing your awesome thoughts.