In the United States, Marijuana has been illegal since Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 and reaffirmed by the Controlled Substances Act of 1970. These affirmations classify Cannabis as being just as dangerous as Cocaine and even more dangerous than Heroin. Although, recently within the past 5 years our society has begun to research the drug and have found the true classification of the drug to be different. Throughout the time of history, Marijuana has been utilized for some many different component such as textiles, religious rituals, medical resources and so on. In Today’s society this research has revealed the harmless truth about the positive impact that it can have on the human body and Mind. There are over 22,000 published studies in the scientific literature that states: “A recent meta-analysis of these compounds identifies well over a dozen therapeutic properties attributable to cannabinoids, including neuroprotective, anti-cancer, anti-bacterial, and anti-diabetic properties.” (Armentano, Paul)  These properties come into play when the body gets a hold of the high and balanced levels of essential amino acids and essential fatty acids that is then reacted to in the receptors system which then not only does not harm an of the good cells that our body produces but also responds to pain receptors and can help those who are sustaining serious illnesses. According to a National Institutes of Health review, it is said that the functions that the cannabis fullfills are said to good for your health and fight off diseases. Not only is it fighting of the bad in our bodies but there have also never been a recorded overdose due to the single use of Cannabis products unlike other common drugs and alcohol. Even with the evidence of the good that it can do for our bodies and the bodies of the sick that are in need of a therapeutic process such as this one are often refused the treatment because of the illegal status in many states with exception of a few states that have legalized it.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Should Marijauna be legal? by Markie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.