Important People

For and assignment, we had to photograph an important person. I took portraits of our school’s biology teacher, Mr. Hentschel. In these photos, I used a softbox light, and a small aperture, as you can see by the shallow depth of field (blurry background). In the photo, you can see the lines lead to the subject (this happened on accident, but added a nice feature to the picture). Also, the colors ended up complimenting each other. Something I learned from this assignment, is that not planning everything sometimes leads to great aspects of the portrait, such as background and colors!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Important People by Maddie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Steven
    Steven 1 week ago

Dear, Maddie
    I am pleased about your post on important people because the concept of not always planning things can lead to great aspects. One thing that stood out was the fact you noticed all those details of the colors on the board and how you connected it all together.

2. Profile photo of Adam
    Adam 1 week ago

Maddie,
    This photo is beautiful, and I too believe that sometime thing turn out better if you don’t plan every aspect of them. You did a great job of making your teacher the main focus, and I really enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing.

3. Profile photo of Muhammad
    Muhammad 1 week ago

Dear Maddie,
    I am happy about your post, “Important People”, because it was informing. I learned a lot. This is cool. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is,”For and assignment, we had to photograph an important person.” I think this is smart because you’re smart. Smart people have smart ideas. Another sentence that I liked was, “In these photos, I used a softbox light, and a small aperture, as you can see by the shallow depth of field (blurry background).” This stood out for me because it gives detail. Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I read an article. I liked it. It was about people and pictures. It was cool. It was smart. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you’re a good writer. I would like to see more post about your teachers. You’re a good writer. Good luck.

4. Profile photo of Ben
    Ben 1 week ago

I really liked your post. You do not even need the description to get the message out of the picture. Mr. Hentschel is clearly an important person.

5. Profile photo of MacKenzie
    MacKenzie 2 weeks ago

Dear Maddie,
    I really like this photo. I love how you were able to make Mr. Hentschel the main focus of the piece. Many times when one is trying to focus on just the person that does not always happen. What ends up happening is the background and people in the photo are pulled together, they ends up not being the true focus. Great photo!