Legalizing medical marijuana also has its downsides. Some believe that the effects are far worse than if marijuana were to remain an illegal substance. A main argument for legalization is that “Drug dealers don’t ask for ID” so by legalizing it, we are able to regulate it & keep marijuana out of the hands of minors. It won’t slow down the trafficking of drugs as well. Everyone seems to have this false hope that legalizing marijuana will help stop the drug cartel when in reality they will just turn to trafficking other drugs. Our youth will still find a way to get marijuana. A recent studied shows that with so many card-holders already, it might be even easier for an adolescent to purchase marijuana.

http://go.galegroup.com/ps/retrieve.do?tabID=T001&resultListType=RESULT_LIST&searchResultsType=MultiTab&searchType=BasicSearchForm&currentPosition=3&docId=GALE%7CA363190125&docType=Essay&sort=RELEVANCE&contentSegment=&prodId=LitRC&contentSet=GALE%7CA363190125&searchId=R1&userGroupName=salt89600&inPS=true

http://go.galegroup.com/ps/retrieve.do?tabID=T001&resultListType=RESULT_LIST&searchResultsType=MultiTab&searchType=BasicSearchForm&currentPosition=2&docId=GALE%7CA149590104&docType=Article&sort=RELEVANCE&contentSegment=&prodId=LitRC&contentSet=GALE%7CA149590104&searchId=R1&userGroupName=salt89600&inPS=true

CC BY-SA 4.0 Medical Marijuana Pioneer source by Cy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Howard 9 months ago

I completely agree with this in the sense of teens being more interested in marajuana as a whole, due to many factors such as peer pressure

2. Tony 9 months ago

Dear, Cy

I am interested with your post, Medical Marijuana Pioneer source, because your point in not legalizing marijuana is your opinion and others with different opinions . One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “A main argument for legalization is that “Drug dealers don’t ask for ID” so by legalizing it, we are able to regulate it & keep marijuana out of the hands of minors. It won’t slow down the trafficking of drugs as well”. I think this is false because maybe in your state you ask for ID but in my city it’s a quick transaction. Another sentence that Stood out to me was “Our youth will still find a way to get marijuana”. This stood out to me because it is true so why not legalize it. Your pst reminded me of something that happened to me. One time we went through all this trouble to get a dutch because we didn’t have ID. Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your post is is the opposite to if i was to write a post.

3. Marcus 9 months ago

Hello Cy,

Let’s be honest, all the conflicts within our society has its downs and ups. Marijuana yes, should be legal for a million factors, help the researchers understand why it does what it does, how it can be used for future medicine, also believe or not, it would decrease the crimes and the dealing around, once everyone would have public access and it would have a HUGE impact in our economic system.

4. Rylan 9 months ago

Hey Cy,
    Thanks for your opinion. Seems like a lot of people are stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to this topic.

Rylan Rawson

5. Olivia 9 months ago

It’s interesting to see a different side of the argument. It will be cool to see if you find more positive points than negative on this topic

6. Gigi 9 months ago

This is interesting and I can understand how both sides of the argument are valid and solid arguments. I personally don’t know if I think legalizing marijuana would be beneficial or not. I think you made solid points though, like how cartels can just turn to other drugs to traffic if marijuana is legalized. Good job and I think you have good support for your argument so far.

7. Ben 9 months ago

You made some solid points in your post. However I think that if adolescents want it that bad, then they will get it no matter how difficult it is for them.

8. Jimmy 9 months ago

Cy,legalizing marijuana would increase the amount of regulation on marijuana, but it may also promote dealers to continue dealing because they can give a cheaper price than what stores may offer. I agree with your claim of how cartels would try to find a way to distribute more harmful substances than marijuana which may make the overall legalization of the drug harmful.