To begin, the novel Uglies does connect to 2017 because it talks about how they separate two groups. The government of the book I’m reading decides to separate two groups which are the “ugly” group and the “pretty” group.

Once a teen turns 16 they get to go to pretty town and turn pretty to live the dream life they always wanted. If the teen is NOT 16 they don’t get to be pretty and they stay in Uglyville. This connects to what is going on right now because of the Muslim ban and how Trump is trying to separate white people from people of color.

In my book, the main character Tally tries to turn pretty, but in order for her to turn pretty, she has to turn her friend Shay in or she will never turn pretty.

In the book Uglies, the ugly kids are always insulting each other like Tally and Shay said to each other:
“No way pignose! I checked it out first.”
“Are you kidding me fattie? You can’t even read.” (Pg 76)

This shows how the ugly kids are already believing that they really are ugly just like people of color can believe and fall into their own oppression.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Trump’s Muslim Ban looks like Uglyville by Noyoltzin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Kayla 9 months ago

Dear Noyoltzin:
    I enjoyed your book “Trump’s Muslim Ban looks like Uglyville.” I found it funny when you said “Are you kidding me fattie? You can’t even read.” I believe this quote is funny because it’s true and is something alot of people are were thinking.

2. Samuel Smith 9 months ago

Trump had no reason to do the muslim ban. And he didnt ban the countries he had business with.

3. Olivia 9 months ago

I’ve read the book uglies and really enjoyed it. It’s interesting to see the connection you made between the book and trump…

4. Kaha 9 months ago

The book sounds very interesting, I’ll definitely have to check it out. It was an outstanding connection though!

5. Vail 9 months ago

Sounds like a very interesting book and I like the connection you made between it and the Muslim Ban!