Perhaps
this is not an assumption or a conclusion
the echoes of what once was- what is- of people we once were- are now- linger in the places we frequented
this is the reason why we go back- not so much to remember but to feel what It was- what it is like to be that person again.

CC BY-SA 4.0 A Reason Why by Em is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Marcus 5 months ago

L-O-V-E it. Totally relates to my situation about going home for the summer and finally be who I really am and not faking it in the currently place where I live just because I know that cultural contrast would effect it that much.

2. Jimmy 6 months ago

This writing really spoke to me and made me think of the times I used to spend in one of my old neighborhoods and I find myself exploring around it every now and again just because of the emotions that linger. It is very interesting how this type of deja vu can become ingrained deep within us and we completely forget the feeling until we stumble upon it again.

3. Author
    Em 6 months ago

Thank you! I feel like short poems can have a huge impact, and also leave you thinking about what the author was trying to say. People can take poems in different ways and I feel that short poems can make you think more and explore the thought process more.

4. Author
    Em 6 months ago

Thank you! Its really cool how certain areas, taste or smells can take you back to a time. How different sense can bring back different memories/ both painful and happy.

5. Kenzie 6 months ago

I really like this! It is very true, and also very interesting how people can feel who they once were by a simple place, or maybe even just a smell.

6. Tala 6 months ago

I love this piece of writing! It is short, but packs a lot of meaning which can at times have the most impact on the readers. Overall, it is very well said and I can relate to how certain places make me feel a certain way.