David Lazar is a travel photographer from Brisbane, Australia. He began travel photography in 2004, and has shot all over the world. Recently, he took a three month trip to Thailand, India and Nepal, and he continues to travel frequently to South America, Africa and South Asia. While on these trips. David takes portraits of the native people there, hoping to capture and portray their lifestyle.

Lazar uses a variety of techniques to get his award winning portraits. First of all, he says it is very important that he gets to know his models before he shoots portraits of them so they can be more relaxed when he takes their pictures, therefore making the photographs seem more natural. Lazar also says that eyes should be the focal point of the photo, and when using the rule of thirds the eyes should always be in the upper third. He also says that the background should be clean, meaning not distractions or  unnecessary objects to make the background look more cluttered. Finally, don’t position subjects in harsh sunlight because this can result in hard black shadows in the photo.

Lazar enjoys photography because he enjoys capturing moments of life, beauty and culture. He wants to capture and show off the different cultures and lifestyles of people living all around the world. Lazar wants to capture these people in their daily lives and tell their stories through portraits.

CC BY-SA 4.0 David Lazar by Hailey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.