According to this website,  studies have found that most people eat organic foods because of the beliefs they have that organic foods are more beneficial to your health.  Current research has found that organic foods hold no extra health benefits when compared to concentially grown foods. It has been found that organic foods and products offer no significant advantages and the extra expens isn’t justified. However, the farming methods are different and the cost of production is more which explains the added costs.

http://web.b.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail/detail?vid=4&sid=0f62dfcf-3171-496c-82c3-ae0f741577c6%40sessionmgr102&hid=123&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#AN=119160367&db=buh

On the opposing side, David Derbyshire, says in fact that organic food is healthier for you  and is better at preventing heart disease. Researchers say that fruits contain up to 40 more percent more nutrients if they are grown without chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Organic foods are found to contain higher levels of iron and zinc which are often not common enough in many people’s diets.

http://web.b.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail/detail?vid=11&sid=0f62dfcf-3171-496c-82c3-ae0f741577c6%40sessionmgr102&hid=123&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#AN=27297466&db=bwh

CC BY-SA 4.0 Organic or Conventional? (Pioneer Research) by Grace is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tala 6 months ago

I have always found this topic very interesting. Why do organic foods cost more than non organic? I find it very strange how over the years, the cost of healthy foods has gone up while the cost of unhealthy food such as chocolate and chips have gone down.