The healthcare system in America is undergoing a lot of stress at the moment. Between the ACA, the argument between privatization and socialization of the system, tension is high. The polarization of politics only fuels this fire, promoting stronger attitudes and vehement opposition to others’ ideas.

During Obama’s presidency, those with stronger free market values became quickly enraged with the affordable care act and its aims to move toward government regulated healthcare. Obama had a lot on his plate, but this was one of the biggest moves of his presidency.

http://web.a.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail/detail?vid=2&sid=fc894129-e504-431e-9272-4c38a8d7a917%40sessionmgr4009&hid=4204&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#AN=120283556&db=tth

In order to improve the availability and affordability of healthcare, the direction to go is NOT toward the private sector, but reaching a balance of government regulation, combined with private profits and gains. The healthcare system is already private in our country, and is a lucrative industry with lots of jobs. If the US would institute slightly higher taxes (also reapportion money from the military budget. Wishful thinking I know, but I must hope for something.) to help lower healthcare costs out of pocket (and helping to relieve the pressure of insurance agencies).

http://web.a.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail/detail?vid=4&sid=fc894129-e504-431e-9272-4c38a8d7a917%40sessionmgr4009&hid=4204&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#AN=66423189&db=tth

The above source provides an article proposing more investments from the liberal private sector providing more availability of healthcare to those with lower incomes. This is an example of how American initiative can be used to move toward progress and more sustainable healthcare system.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Healthcare in America is flawed, and it’s up to our generation to fix it. by Louis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.