STRESS: XP 1 — JOURNAL ABOUT STRESSORS

The things that stress me day to day is trying to graduate and also keep up with my senior project, also my English 4 class. Things outside of school that stress me out are trying to stay out of trouble and also looking for a job that I want.

When I start stressing my head starts to hurt . I also start to worry and get angry sometimes.  I start to lose focus when I stress as well. When I’m stressed, most of the time  I don’t like being around other people because  I get very  angry and say mean things. Sometimes I  want talk to other people because I feel like they can help me about most situations.  

I didn’t know stress causes weight gain. It also causes a chemical called sightlines that can increase the risk of heart disease. I don’t think I  will ever gain weight because  I haven’t gained weight yet. Also, a person can get stress hormones  known as adrilan. They travel through your bloodstream and then reach  the blood vessels and heart.That cause your heart to beat faster and it raises your blood pressure and can cause hypertension. This causes blood vessels to not function right.

There will always be stress but it matters how you respond to the stress. If you view the stressors as challenges, you can master them rather than feel threatened. You will perform better and stay healthy in the long run. If you think about the fact that you are only 18, young, and have a lot of life ahead of you, then realize you have a lot more ahead of you.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why I Stress by Justin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Nyasa 8 months ago

Dear Justin,

I like your post “Why I Stress” because it relates to almost every student out there since we all have some stress due to either school, homework or anything else. Also, it connects to me strongly because I can also relate to this post because I am very stressed many times due to school.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “I didn’t know stress causes weight gain. It also causes a chemical called sightlines that can increase the risk of heart disease.”I think this is very surprising because I did not know that having stress could have such bad consequences to it. This shows that we have to be careful and make sure we don’t stress out much so we can all stay healthy. Having stress is not worth risking your life.

Another sentence that I was also surprised by was “Also, a person can get stress hormones known as adrilan.” This stood out for me because I did not know that it was possible to get such things in your body due to all this stress. I knew that stress is harmful in some ways but didn’t know there were stress hormones. Those can be very harmful to our bodies.

Your post reminds me of something that to me. One time I had togo outside somewhere for a really long time right after school. That was the day my science project was due (at 9:00 p.m.). I was really scared that I would not make it home in time to complete it and send it in. Thankfully, I didn’t take stress and got home at like 8:30. So, I checked it and posted it on time since I did not worry about it.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I want to learn and know more about what stress does to you and how it impacts our bodies, since the topic is interesting.

2. Isabella 8 months ago

Dear Justin,

I am able to relate to your post “Why I Stress,” because I always find that stress is caused because of an overload of many things. It is different for all people, however it is usually because of an overload of school work, and extracurricular activities cutting in. I feel it is good to know that all people stress about even little things that can happen everyday.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I didn’t know stress causes weight gain. It also causes a chemical called sightlines that can increase the risk of heart disease.” I think this is surprising because I never knew that having stress could cause such risks and consequences. Gaining weight and having a chemical that risks heart disease isn’t worth having stress. This shows that we have to be careful and try to be more relaxed in our everyday lives.

Another sentence that was surprising was “Also, a person can get stress hormones known as adrilan. They travel through your bloodstream and then reach the blood vessels and heart.That cause your heart to beat faster and it raises your blood pressure and can cause hypertension. This causes blood vessels to not function right.” This stood out for me because although there is stress, I have never heard of any stress hormones. They seam to cause us many problems, and these problems are not helpful in any way.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time, I was coming home from ballet class in the city, and that day my ballet class ended really late, at 7:30. That meant that since I lived in Queens and my ballet school is in Manhattan, it would take me an hour to get home, even longer so I would get home at about 8:40. I had to submit a huge lab report that counted 60% of my grade by 9:00. By the time I got home, I was also very stressed because I still had to read over it and check it. However, although I was stressed, I managed to finish and submit it right on time.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your writing really opened my eyes to the consequences of stress, and now I will be able to realize that I should not stress because of the bad things it could do to me.

3. Kesang 8 months ago

Dear Justin

I like your post “Why I Stress,” because it relates to students that have a lot of work to do. Also, it gives me something to relate to.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I didn’t know stress causes weight gain.” I think this is cool because it was an interesting thing to learn about. I did not know that stress caused weight gain because I was never interested in the effects of stress until now.
    Another sentence that I read was: “that stress me out are trying to stay out of trouble.” This stood out for me because it shows how even stress can get to you when you’re not doing any work.Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I was stressed about a project so I didn’t do any work because I didn’t feel like worrying about it anymore. Stress got to me and I talked with my parents about it. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I want to know more ways to see how you can fix stress problems.

4. Lina 8 months ago

Dear Justin:

I am comparable with your post , “Why I Stress,” because I am always stressed on a daily basis about every little thing possible. Most of the time I am stressed about school and how I am going to balance all my extracurricular activities and do well in all of them. If there is nothing to stress about, for some reason, I always find something to be worried about in the back of my head even if it is from a while ago.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “It also causes a chemical called sightlines that can increase the risk of heart disease.” I think this is amazing because I didn’t know that stress could cause health problems, I just thought that it was a mental thing. I knew stress was bad, but not this bad to increase the risk of a disease occurring which could affect my life. It is yet another reason why stress is extremely bad for you.

Another sentence that I related to was: “When I’m stressed, most of the time I don’t like being around other people because I get very angry and say mean things”. This stood out for me because this is also how I feel when I am stressed. Being around other people makes me feel more panicked since whatever they say makes me think about my problems. Sometimes when I say something i didn’t mean to, I regret it later so I don’t even want to even be around anyone so I don’t harm them.

Your image reminds me of something that happened to me. One time my teacher assigned us a very big project and made it do the next day. This made me very stressed out about finishing it quickly and being able to go to bed early. I had to sit on my desk until 12 am and then I had to wake up at 3:30 am since I had to finish the project.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your content is very relatable to my life. I would also want to know how stress affects other people’s lives besides mine.