The stressors that impact my day-to-day life are all the schoolwork that teachers give me and the chores that my mom makes me do once I get home from school. It is really hard to keep up with work when I have other things to do at home.

The stressors have caused headaches and back/neck pains, it has also made me feel less concentrated on what I need to do and making me worry that I won’t be able to finish certain things and I haven’t been able to get good grades on all my classes because when I focus on some of them the rest go down.

It was surprising because I didn’t know stress can cause so much damage to the brain and who we are as a person.

It might be important because it’ll affect you in the long run and if you don’t do anything about it then you will be suffering for a long time.

CC BY-SA 4.0 School Stressed by Juray is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Lina 3 months ago

I strongly agree with you and am glad to know that I’m not the only one out there with these problems. Every semester I go in wanting to achieve straight 6s or 7s, and work extremely hard, but I find that the more determined I am, the lower my grade gets, which causes me to get frustrated, along with the back pains and bad posture. I don’t get how some people can handle it all, but I think I could use a lesson or two from them.

2. Nikki 5 months ago

This was a great article! I can relate to this stressors such as school have more than a couple times left me with headaches. I think it is important to focus on mental health because, like you said, it could effect you in the long run.

3. Brandon 5 months ago

I agree Ben. Homework constantly hanging over our heads can really impede our well being and stress us out.

4. Ben 6 months ago

I agree with your article. I do not believe that homework should be allowed. Homework just adds to the everyday stress of school. We should be able to go home and just be able to forget about school for a little while.

5. Nyasa 6 months ago

Dear Juray,

I am very amused and can totally relate to with your post “School Stressed” because I think every student at some point from elementary school to college can connect to this and would be very stressed because of school. Even in the simplest things, I still get stressed.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “The stressors have caused headaches and back/neck pains, it has also made me feel less concentrated on what I need to do and making me worry that I won’t be able to finish certain things and I haven’t been able to get good grades on all my classes because when I focus on some of them the rest go down.” I think this is interesting because it is very relatable on how in trying to work hard and get good grades in subject results in getting a bit lower grades in others. It is very hard to manage school and house chores together.

Another sentence that I found intriguing was “It was surprising because I didn’t know stress can cause so much damage to the brain and who we are as a person.” This stood out for me because I never knew that stress impacted people as a human and who they are instead of simple things like getting mad.

I agree with you that school is very hard to manage and that it takes a lot of hard work to get good grades in every single subject. One reason I agree with you is that stress can cause many things as well as worrying about finishing homework and also anger, which leads many student to doing even worse in school. I think it is very important that people know what stress can do to you and how it can affect their brains, so they can take care of themselves.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because of how relatable and fascinating this one post is. I want to read your next posts because I feel that they will be just as relatable and help us understand why this is not healthy.

6. Jada 6 months ago

Dear Jury,
    I agree with you because, school does put a lot of stress on students from the workload that we have, to the tests and quizzes. This article stood out to me because, I felt like it was something that I could relate to. While reading this article it really surprised me as well that stress can cause so much damage to the brain. “The stressors that impact my day-to-day life are all the schoolwork that teachers give me and the chores that my mom makes me do once I get home from school. It is really hard to keep up with work when I have other things to do at home.” I can really relate to this quote because I also have a lot of schoolwork and homework that I have to juggle.

7. Maisha 6 months ago

Dear Juray,

Your article, “School Stressed”, is something almost every middle school and high school can relate to. Many students are stressed out since they aim for perfect grades and completing many things in a limited time.

Personally, I get very stressed and worried out easily, thus this post intrigued me very much. Being a perfectionist and a procrastinator, all my work takes a long time to do. In the start of seventh grade, I had to quit gymnastics since I did not have enough time to finish all my school work. I spent all my time at home during the week completing my school work, rather than being outside, hanging with my friends, etc. This connects back to when you stated “stress can cause so much damage to the brain and who we are as a person.” I had never realized that before until I read your article. Therefore, this article should be brought to more students’ attention.

I enjoyed reading your post. Thank you!

8. Isabella 6 months ago

Dear Juray,

I am surprised and relatable with your letter “School Stressed,” because as a student at a very hard and academically hard school, I sometimes have the same experiences as you do in school. For me, it is hard to handle all the homework, tests, and projects that we receive because I have a very big extracurricular activity that takes a lot of time after school. However, I am also surprised because this causes you pain.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ The stressors have caused headaches and back/neck pains.” I think this is surprising because I don’t think anyone should be receiving pain over schoolwork. You should definitely be happy or joyful after school,and should not be worrying about having pain in your back or neck.

Another sentence that I was surprised about was “It was surprising because I didn’t know stress can cause so much damage to the brain and who we are as a person.” This stood out for me because I never actually knew that stress could cause you pain and damage. Since it causes damage to the brain and personality, it could affect our everyday lives.

I do agree with you that teachers give an over load of work for students to do in one day, even night. One reason I say this is because school should not be so stressful for us students. We should not have to be stressed once we get home from school, and should not have to be worried about staying up till midnight just to finish one assignment. We won’t have any free time for ourselves, we will be stressed, and we will have a huge lack of sleep. Another reason I agree with you, is because you do have other things to at home. Every day, I have to go to ballet for an hour and a half, sometimes three hours. It is a bit hard sometimes to keep up with all the school work when I have something so big to do after school.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you wrote about such an interesting topic that really helped me understand that many middle school students go through the same things. Your writing was very persuasive, and I was able to really relate to it.

9. Srewashi 6 months ago

Dear Juray:

I am pleased with> your post, “School Stressed” because I feel the same emotions in several scenarios. I understand completely what it feels like to be stressed out to the moment when you just get into the habit.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “It was surprising because I didn’t know stress could cause so much damage to the brain and who we are as a person.” I think this is essential because too much stress can have serious mental effects and this is one point that all students have to respect and handle wisely. It is good to have stress, but too much stress is not beneficial.

Another sentence that I appreciated was: “.The stressors have caused headaches and back/neck pains, it has also made me feel less concentrated on what I need to do and making me worry that I won’t be able to finish certain things and I haven’t been able to get good grades on all my classes because when I focus on some of them the rest go down.” This stood out for me because I feel this way sometimes. This has happened to me and this incident helps me refer back to when I made sure to spend a good amount of time with all my classes.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time in middle school, I had a a test on day, another test on the next day, group a project, and individual assignments due the current and following week. There was is much work that I knew I had to start my homework as soon as I reached home. Yet today, even if I finish all my homework and assignments, there will always be something on my mind. It feels uneasy and sometimes, I just want to give up. However, through all the school years in my life, I have learned and acknowledged that its important to take a moment and calm down. Too much stress gets people to feel uneasy and this can lead to serious mental and health issues.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you have this amazing ability to convey the message you want to show the audience in such an amazing writing technique. Each sentence has its own unique story behind it and this catches my attention.

10. Karishma 6 months ago

Dear Juray,

I am amused by your post, “School Stressed,” because it is something that I can majorly relate to. I have had many times where this has happened, even about the most simple things that I’ve had to handle in my daily life.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “The stressors have caused headaches and back/neck pains, it has also made me feel less concentrated on what I need to do and making me worry that I won’t be able to finish certain things and I haven’t been able to get good grades on all my classes because when I focus on some of them the rest go down.” I think this is interesting because it is understandable that it’s hard to keep high grades in all classes. Whenever someone focuses on one subject, they start dropping their grades in other classes. It is hard to manage so many classes, especially when you do other things when you get home.

Another sentence that I found intriguing was “It was surprising because I didn’t know stress can cause so much damage to the brain and who we are as a person.” This stood out for me because I never knew that stress could affect people so majorly rather than just being something that causes anger and confusion.

I agree with you that school is very hard to manage sometimes and that you can’t always do good in every subject. One reason I say this is because I have also been through the stress of trying to do good in every subject, to satisfy my parents with a very high grade while also trying to manage the chores and extracurricular activities I have throughout the week. Another reason I agree with you is that stress can cause many things as well as worrying and anger which lead people to doing even worse. I feel that it is major that people are informed about this so that they are aware of what stress can cause and how it can damage your brain.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because of how interesting and relatable this post is. It makes me think of my own life and how it could be affected massively by stress between the things that I juggle between in my life.

11. Mahdi 6 months ago

Dear Juray:

I am satisfied with your post “School Stressed,” because it is good to know that there is someone else out there feeling the same way I am. It gives me some relief and makes me feel more normal. I always blame the amount of homework and studying for me not doing well. Now I realize that I am only one of many who feel this way.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ It might be important because it’ll affect you in the long run” I think this is important because it shows how if we do not control our stress now the aftermath will take us down.

Another sentence that I enjoyed was: “ I haven’t been able to get good grades on all my classes because when I focus on some of them the rest go down.” This stood out for me because this is the thing that I can most relate to and has been occurring very often.
    I do proudly agree with you that we should pay attention to our stress levels and how they may affect us in the future. One reason I say this is many of what you’re talking about can severely damage most school kids. Another reason I agree with you is that stress management can be great for the long run.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I can relate to you and reading things like such makes me feel relieved. Maybe you can post some tips that may help us in our “long run”.

12. Rimsha 6 months ago

Dear Juray:

I am surprised yet relieved by your post, “School Stressed,” because I found all the points you are making valid yet relatable. I understand what you are going through as I am going through it myself. I have been getting those headaches you were talking about way more than normal recently and I found it surprising that this is not only happening to me.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “The stressors that impact my day-to-day life are all the schoolwork that teachers give me and the chores that my mom makes me do once I get home from school. ” I think this is strong because having two sisters of my own, I understand the struggles of having your mom telling you to do more work than you planned to do. In my house we normally have guests around very often and with our house being a mess I am required to clean most of it. On top of that we normally have at least 2 tests/quizzes per week that it also have to study for leaving me to sleep until 12:00 A.M.

Another sentence that I read was: “The stressors have caused headaches and back/neck pains, it has also made me feel less concentrated on what I need to do and making me worry that I won’t be able to finish certain things and I haven’t been able to get good grades on all my classes because when I focus on some of them the rest go down.” This stood out for me because this tends to happen to me as well. With the amount of work already assigned plus extra studying I barely have time to sleep which is pretty bad for the brain. Whenever I have a test in a certain class my brain focuses on that one class which leaves me to zone out in other classes.

I do agree with you that school places a huge amount of stress on students. One reason I say this is because, as you said, the amount of classwork and homework given is a lot which leaves students to have no extra free time after school to do whatever they please. Instead they are probably locked up in their room studying or doing more work instead of having fun. Another reason, I agree with you is because you said something about how stress affects the brain and I have noticed that in my life. I feel like as the work begins to pile up, the stress increases, and my ability to focus is decreasing leading to my brain overworking itself which could be harmful in the future.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your point is very clear and you are persuasive. If I were a teacher, I would consider giving less work if I read this. Your writing is also relatable which
    drew me into your post.

13. Humaira 6 months ago

Dear Juray:

I am content about your post “School Stressed,” because I can completely relate to what is happening to you.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “it has also made me feel less concentrated on what I need to do and making me worry that I won’t be able to finish certain things and I haven’t been able to get good grades on all my classes.” I think this is understandable because this affects me and a wide range of students. I completely agree that too much work often decreases grades because of stress.

Another sentence that I read was: ” It might be important because it’ll affect you in the long run and if you don’t do anything about it then you will be suffering for a long time.” This stood out for me because this is a real problem people do not take seriously. Stress is really annoying and it could affect many.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your writing is very interesting and is super relatable

14. Benjamin 6 months ago

I agree with you because school stresses us the most cause of the work we have to do and certifications and presentations about our topics. one sentence you wrote that stands out for me is,”I didn’t know stress can cause so much damage to the brain. I do agree with that because you explain how it damages stress can affect the brain.