There are some nights/ like this night/ where I wish to be one of those stars that you wish on/ only for you to forget what it is you wanted.  And just like the star and the wish you had forgotten/ I will die out, wither out, spark out.

Photo by martin.mutch

CC BY-SA 4.0 Fragmented Thought by Em is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Author
    Em 5 months ago

Natalya,

Thank you! When I wrote this i was experiencing a loss of a lot of things. I feel as though the best poems are the ones you can read over and over and experience different emotions each time. That’s what I love about poetry, you can interpret them and each person can read it and take it in differently. When I wrote this i was experiencing the loss of a dream and love. At the time i was also really obsessed with using the sky as an analogy. especially stars. Thank you for reading!

Em

2. Natalya 6 months ago

Em,

I really liked this poem. It was short and simple but also carried a longing that I can relate to. I read it as a love poem.. or lost love. I’m not sure, but I also think it could be read a different way which adds to the beauty.
    Thank you!

Natalya