To the YV community, this is my response to the Warm-Up for English class today. We are studying Shakespeare’s Othello and exploring the theme of appearance versus reality.

***************************

Dear Mariah,

I just found out that Riku (your phone) was taken away from you at 3:00 am in the morning. It was taken away after you fell asleep watching Naruto! I know who stole your phone and I don’t think you want to know who it is…so I am not going to tell you. The person told me to tell you that you have to step up your school work and put your phone aside. They said if you cross the stage on graduation day that they will give you your phone back. But for now, you can’t text anybody or watch episodes of Naruto. You need to come to school and make up all the late work you missed and get that A or B to pass. If you ever think of dropping out or getting below C, start thinking of losing Riku and episodes of Naruto. They said if any technology gets close to you, it will be taken away or be destroyed.

Leidy Martin

Photo by magic_quote

CC BY-SA 4.0 Unwanted Letter by leidy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.