While searching more about my research topic of the American diet, I found an interesting article about how the American diet has changed over the years. The article mentions that as the obesity rate rises, so does the average calorie consumption (from about 2,000 calories a day in the 1970’s to 2,500 today). We have also increased our consumption of meats, sugars, and fats while not increasing our intake of fruits and vegetables.

Liebman, Bonnie. “The changing American diet.” Nutrition Action Healthletter, Oct. 2016, p. 8+. Student Resources in Contextlink.galegroup.com/apps/doc/A464664290/SUIC?u=salt89600&xid=9a2306a1. Accessed 23 Feb. 2017.

Photo by theglobalpanorama

CC BY-SA 4.0 Research Project: The American Diet (Gale Database) by Maddie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Will 6 months ago

Hi Maddie your writing is grand. You chose a really broad topic and I think youre doing a good job of condensing the info and making it understandable. Keep up the good work. Do you think the diet of America will change in the coming years?