To the YV community, this is my response to the Warm-Up for English class today. We are studying Shakespeare’s Othello and exploring the theme of appearance versus reality.

***************************

Dear Dad,

I just found out you’re really sick. I’m not really sad about it but, if you weren’t sick, I think I wouldn’t be as worried as I am right now. I know this is something you can’t get rid of easily, if only you could blow it away like dust in an old book, but it’s not like that. You say you’re okay, but I know that you’re not. I don’t want to be pessimistic, but you and I know how this story ends, a bitter sweet ending. Bitter because I know that I won’t have you by my side, sweet because I know you’ll be in a better place where you won’t suffer anymore. I know you’ll be waiting for your call.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Letter to a Friend by Adrian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.