After doing research on EBSCO, I found three available sources on hyperthymesia. The first told me some important information relevant to my research question:

• The individual that a case study on in the magazine Psychologist had no better short or long term scores on desktop games than the average person
  • Only the autobiographical memory of individuals with hyperthymesia is affected
  • The 20-year-old man’s first memory was from age 3, and he had a perfect recollection of every day past age 11
    • Brings up an interesting point: can people with hyperthymesia remember earlier memories than others?
  • Important role of the amygdala in memory functions
  • This particular individual begins every day by thinking about what he did that day in previous years. However, patient tended to focus more on the positive memories than the negative.
  •  This research is relevant to Alzheimer’s research

CC BY-SA 4.0 Hyperthymesia Scientific Research by Siena is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Sarah 6 months ago

Siena, I think this is a really interesting topic. I had never even heard of hyperthymesia. I find it interesting how you gained a new insight and inquiry about your topic from ebsco. Good bullet points, I feel like I have a good understanding of this article. I am wondering what your other articles were about, what insight you gained and the different angles of hyperthymesia. Otherwise, good article.