To the YV community, this is my response to the Warm-Up for English class today. We are studying Shakespeare’s Othello and exploring the theme of appearance versus reality.

***************************

Dear Leslie,

I just found out that you failed your final exam for math. I understand that math can be  very difficult at times, but you can’t let that be an excuse to get an F on your final exam. I know how it feels to get a bad grade in an exam, it is terrible. But, on the bright side, you should use that sadness and low letter grade as motivation to study more, pay attention in class more, and ask questions. I strongly suggest you do these things because you will prevent another bad grade on your report card. Also, you don’t want to get your mom mad either! Think about her and all of her sacrifices she does for you so you can get a good education, don’t let her down or yourself. YOU GOT THIS.