To the YV community, this is my response to the Warm-Up for English class today. We are studying Shakespeare’s Othello and exploring the theme of appearance versus reality.

***************************

Dear Do,
I just found out you’ve been absent for a 5 days in a row. I know your family is economically stable, but you should not rely on your parent’s riches. You need to get an education. Every day you miss school, is another day you miss on work. And that same work all piles up for the day you do come back to school. Even though on jupiter grades it may not look like a lot of work that is due, there is more than what you think there is. Having a Dodge Challenger RT and a Xbox One doesn’t make it ok for you to stay home and put up stories of you fishing on your snapchat. The point is, stop missing out on school so much because even though it may not seem like a big deal, it all ends up being a big mess of work especially with Ms.P’s class considering how she wants us to read dozens of pages from Othello.

CC BY-SA 4.0 YV community by Alex is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.