To the YV community, this is my response to the Warm-Up for English class today. We are studying Shakespeare’s Othello and exploring the theme of appearance versus reality.

***************************

Dear Mrs. Grey,

I just found out your husband has been sleeping with another woman, but she is not just any woman. She is a serial killer. She goes after men who are willing to cheat on their wives. The last man she killed was a 40-year-old married man with three children.

She cut his body up limb by limb and sent a piece of him to his family every Christmas. My name is Lilly, and that’s all you need to know.

husband was one of her victims.

I don’t know her name because she changes it so often, but the last time I knew, her name was Kelly.

Mrs. Grey, are you willing to save your cheating husband, or are you willing to let him die? I wish that I had that choice, but now you do. So please consider your choice for the sake of your family. Good luck.

Photo by dollen

CC BY-SA 4.0 Open to Play by bernadette is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.