To the YV community, this is my response to the Warm-Up for English class today. We are studying Shakespeare’s Othello and exploring the theme of appearance versus reality.

***************************

My close friend,

I just found out your husband has cheated on you and has been treating you like crap. You wasted your youth building up this relationship and gave birth at the age of 19. You gave up your opportunity to get a bachelor’s degree, as you had always wanted, for an unworthy man. I’m not trying to put you down like the people surrounding you have done.

To be honest, you have no idea how much it hurts hearing that news from one of our old friends. We were born and grew up in the same neighborhood, treating each other like blood relations, like sisters. Step up the game and get back on your level. You’re deserved better.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Close friend, you’re deserved better. by San is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.