To the YV community, this is my response to the Warm-Up for English class today. We are studying Shakespeare’s Othello and exploring the theme of appearance versus reality.

Dear Abrahan,

I just found out you like me and all but i’m still in love with my ex. Look I like you, you really seem like a cool person and I was really hoping we could get somewhere. But I can’t help but say I can’t at the moment. My ex and I have been through so much and we still speak, I don’t want to put you in this situation. I would rather let you go, so you can find someone worthy of your time. I need to get my life together before I bring someone else in my life. I’m sorry, I care for you I really do but I just can’t no more. I really hope you find someone worth your time, I care for you. I will always be here if you need me don’t ever hesitate. Maybe we can get together down the road, but for now we do just need to stay as friends.

CC BY-SA 4.0 An Unwanted Letter by Natalie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.