cap for school photoTo the YV community, this is my response to the Warm-Up for English class today. We are studying Shakespeare’s Othello and exploring the theme of appearance versus reality.

***************************

Dear Gary,

I just found out that you might not graduate from Fremont with me. Gary this makes me feel bad because we’ve been going here since freshman year , played football together and had the say classies. Gary i’m so sad i thought you were a good student doing you work and working hard. It saddens me to know that my close friend couldn’t keep up with his work and didn’t even ask for help. Gary you remember when we use to play basketball at P.E and at lunch in the back of the school good times good times. Now you leaving and i don’t know what school you going to but you’re always welcome to come see me up here at Fremont. I remember you yelling at me telling me to do my work, telling me i’m not going to graduate Damn i should’ve been telling you that. Ms P told us don’t worry about your friends because you’re not going to get your work done and i guess that’s what happened to you. I would hate to be you i know you’re mad you’ve done all this work for nothing. I would like to know what kind of advice you would have for the younger kids here at fremont? Would you let them make those same mistakes you made or are you going to lift them up and make them do right? I want to know how are you feeling, does it hurt, do you care and does you mom care?

Photo by charlywkarl

Photo by charlywkarl

CC BY-SA 4.0 Gary by Jerome is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.