To the YV community, this is my response to the Warm-Up for English class today. We are studying Shakespeare’s Othello and exploring the theme of appearance versus reality.

Dear Phone,
I just found out that I’m cutting you off. You think you can distract me from my work? I will no longer put up with your buffoonery. You’re so annoying. You’re always vibrating and flashing while I’m in class. Don’t get me wrong, I love you with all of my heart and soul but when I need to focus, you can be very irritating. You can be a huge help during school. For example, when i need answers I can just use you and you’d give me the correct answer. But at times when I have a deadline for my work, you can be a killer. If I continue this relationship with you, I’ll be on the Dewy train right along with Stasia. Do you want that? Do you want to get taken away from me and be alone in my dad’s dresser? No right? So if you want to not get cut off, please act right and do not disturb me.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Dear Cellphone by Jaymee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.